Saturday, June 11, 2016

Pics from Saiwa Swamp National Park

Friday evening sunset

These guys saw my camera case and asked right away if I had a camera. The two in the center are brother/sister and walked with us for a while before we went back for dinner.

Entrance to Saiwa Swamp National Park - the guys on the gate are sitatunga. We arrived shortly after 7 and found the gate locked, even though the park was supposed to open at 6:30! 






Black-faced vervets -- cute, but very naughty.









Crested (or crowned, I can't recall now) crane -- national bird of Uganda 

In the very middle, you can see a fluffy white tail hanging down - this is a black and white colobus monkey

The light on this photo is a bit better - another shot of the colobus


I believe this is a grey heron...




Crane gang, gossiping in the treetops 

Here's a de Brazza monkey (this is one of the most rare monkey species in Kenya, as our guide told us), check out that beard!














No animals here (I don't think!), I just found the light to be very pretty. 
Female sitatunga (before she noticed us creepin' on her)




1 comment:

  1. I love these katie!!! :) AHHHHH I am so happy that I get to read about your adventures! :)

    ReplyDelete