Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Edit.

After my last post, I might need to eat my words.
I just want to make sure you all understand I have NO anti-Bafana Bafana sentiment. I am so thrilled that they beat France (even though it wrought havoc on my bracket!), though definitely pretty surprised as well. I got to watch the match with a room FULL of my students and some other teachers, and the energy level was out of control...

I also got to play a bit of futbol with some of the boarders and village guys today... they are SO fast. There isn't really grass on the (uneven) soccer pitch outside the school grounds, so the ball moves really fast and bounces pretty unpredictably. It makes for a really interesting game. I'm definitely not in soccer shape anymore, but my running endurance helps a bit.

Next up: Greece vs. Argentina...
I can hear the generator humming already, which means... KE NAKO!

No comments:

Post a Comment